Android Instant app is an update to your existing Android app that makes it possible for people to access a wider range of apps. Some of the features are:
- They can be accessed from anywhere including – social media, messaging, search and other links without the need of installing them.
- They let users experience immersive and beautiful apps without installing them on the device.
- They work on all the latest Android devices. Google said that the instant apps will make the apps accessible for users with devices dating back to Jelly Bean.
- They are an upgrade to your existing Android app, and not a separate app.
- Customers who use ecommerce apps to make a purchase have immediate access and are already logged in. This allows easy checkout with Instant access to Android Pay.
However, we are not sure how these are going to affect Google Play. According to Google, they are effective tools for full apps and their use will not affect the Google Play figures. It will be interesting to Lucky patcher apk see if the usage rates will be affected during future announcements.
Google is launching them just as a trial with aforementioned apps. Google collects user feedback to see how these apps work in real world. Developers can get ready for the launch of Instant Apps by modularizing their app into easy components. However, the full SDK won’t be available for a few months. Once developers have done this, it might take a while to implement it depending on the structure of app.
Now they are very beneficial for users as they make some actions easier and quicker. Whether it is paying for parking or finding a recipe, it could easily change the way people use their devices. According to recent reports, they will work with Android devices running Jelly Bean and above.
Should you start building an Instant App?
If there is a way to make native Android apps accessible and quicker to launch without the need of installing on the device — would you ignore it? If you have a tool that makes it possible to revise the entire source code of your app, wouldn’t you give it a try?
Google has created a way to do this — and the way is called ‘Instant Apps’. Android Instant Apps are smaller subsets of app that allow you to download/access single features/pages of your app without installation. Instant Apps will roll out to the users from next year. As said above, Google already made it available for developers on limited basis to test its functionality.
Now, the question is “should developers start building one”?
No doubt, developers should start developing them by heading over to developer.android.com and download the latest preview of Android Studio 3.0. Developers can continue using single codebase. Developers are provided with all the tools to modularize their app so that the features can be downloaded as needed.
Instant App development takes about 4-6 weeks. Once the app is built, Play Console provides support for distributing the same. Developers just needs to upload the instant app APKs together with installable APK. They continue to ramp up on the latest Android devices around the world.